Complaints Procedure

As a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), there may be times when you or your dependants are unhappy with the service you receive from the Scheme administrators, or you disagree with decisions that have been made about your membership or benefits.

If you have any query or complaint we would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matter with you and attempt to resolve it before you resort to a formal complaint. If you are in any doubt about your benefit entitlements, or have a problem or question about your LGPS membership or benefits, please contact the Pension Team at the following address:

Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund, Minster Court, 22-30 York Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SF

Tel: 01628 796 668 or Email:

We will seek to clarify or put right any misunderstandings or inaccuracies as quickly and efficiently as possible.

If you are still dissatisfied with any decision made in relation to the Scheme you should contact the Pension Fund Manager at the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, the administering authority for the Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund.

If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to have your complaint independently reviewed under the Internal Disputes Resolution Procedure. This is a three stage process, stage one of which is considered by an adjudicator appointed by your employer (or your former employer as the case may be) to deal with any complaint or dispute. If you remain dissatisfied after stage one, stage two of the process is determined by an adjudicator nominated by the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead as the administering authority to the Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund, to deal with complaints and disputes. If you still remain dissatisfied stage three of the process moves onto the Pensions Ombudsman for a final and binding determination.

The Ombudsman would normally expect you to have completed stages one and two of the disputes process and have contacted The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) before hearing your case. TPAS can be contacted at any time and they provide free advice and information to explain your rights and responsibilities. TPAS can be contacted directly here or you can write to: TPAS, 11 Belgrave Road, London, SW1V 1RB. The TPAS helpline number is 0300 123 1047 or you can go to their website by clicking on the following link

If you have a complaint or dispute with your pension provider concerning your workplace or personal pension arrangements you should contact The Pensions Ombudsman

Telephone: 0800 917 4487


If you need information and guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact The Pensions Advisory Service

Telephone: 0300 123 1047