Auto-enrolment was introduced from 1 October 2012. From this date (subject to the employer's own staging date), all 'workers' were auto-enrolled into a qualifying pension scheme without any active decision on their part to join the qualifying pension scheme.
Most larger employers will have already completed their first auto-enrolment exercise, however some smaller employers will soon be approaching their 'staging date'. To find your staging date please follow the link below:
The Berkshire Pension Fund has produced an Auto-enrolment guide for employers which can be downloaded.
Auto-Enrolment Reference Numbers
- Pension Scheme Registry Number (PSRN) 10027839
- Employer Pension Scheme Reference Number (EPSR) This is your unique 5 digit employer number within the Berkshire Pension Fund. You can find your EPSR number by clicking here.
- Scheme Contracted Out Reference Number (SCON) SC00137M
- Employer Contracted Out Reference Number (ECON) E3900002R
- Pension Scheme Tax Reference Number (PSTR) 00330385RV
Further guidance has been produced by Barnett Waddingham and The Pensions Advisory Service and these are presented below.
Local Government Pensions Committee Auto-enrolment guide
- LGPC has produced a short version of the Auto-enrolment Guide for Employers
- LGPC Guide to Auto-enrolment (latest version 5.10 - January 2013)
Barnett Waddingham Information Sheets
- Auto-Enrolment and Workplace Pension Reform - Information Sheet 1
- Auto-Enrolment Information Sheet - Information Sheet 2
- Auto-Enrolment and Workplace Pension Reform - Information Sheet 3
The Pensions Regulator
- Introduction to Workplace Pension Changes
- Workplace Pensions Law is changing - A brief overview about the new duties for employers
- Auto-enrolment staging date - interactive tool - Find out your staging date via the Pensions Regulator interactive tool.
- Auto-enrolment letter templates
The letter template tool helps you find the right templates to enable you to write to all your workers.