Living Overseas

Living Overseas

If you live abroad you can request to have your monthly pension paid into an account in the country of your residence.

This service is provided by Western Union through the Overseas Payment Service (OPS) and you may find this method of payment more convenient than having your pension paid into an account in the United Kingdom.

If you choose to have your pension paid via OPS, your pension will be credited to your personal bank account in your local currency. However, please note that not all countries are able to offer the OPS facility.

All administration charges for this service will be met by the Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund.

If you are interested in this option or would like more information on the Western Union service, please contact us by telephoning 01628 796 668 (if dialling from outside the UK please call +44 1628 796 668)

Claiming your State Pension whilst living abroad

If you have a query on your state pension and you are living abroad, you can contact the International Pension Centre (IPC) directly by email or telephone as follows:

Telephone: +44 (0) 191 218 7777

Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm

Alternatively you can contact the IPC in writing:

International Pension Centre
The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
WV98 1LW
United Kingdom